IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
IHS Towers is recruiting the below positions:
Job Title: Quantitative Analyst
Reports To: Senior Manager – Business Planning & Intelligence
This position is responsible for developing statistical and optimization models and tools to assist the Business Planning & Intelligence team within Finance to extract value from the asset portfolio pool.
- Monitor ongoing business processes and operations and assist in implementing risk mitigation processes.
- Produce reports on a timely basis to be used by management in assessing various business risk and return characteristic
- Monitor asset and liability holdings and maintain spreadsheets necessary to analyze portfolios.
- Analyze and monitor new developments in portfolio analytics and risk management space and proactively create tools and measures to enable the Financial Planning & Analysis team to leverage such expertise.
- Work with software and system engineers to implement and support ongoing and rapid development and testing of research ideas and models as well as their deployment to end-users and stakeholders.
- Implement methods of monitoring model risk.
- Continuously monitor model performance and quality, and perform stress testing on various KPIs.
- Implement models in a large framework of existing models and processes, develop methods for testing models, and document model changes and processes.
- Build, refine and manage statistical and optimization models for macroeconomic, business, FX, and interest rate risks, and recommend mitigation options.
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, independent, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize in fast-paced work environment
- Strong quantitative and programming skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in logic and programming via functional programming platforms, e.g. MatLab, Python, R, etc.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in portfolio optimization, mathematics, and business risk measurement and management techniques.
- Excellent understanding of model testing, validation, and development.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (with an emphasis on Excel and Access) as well as other financial and statistical software packages.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in quantitative disciplines (Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or other relevant fields)
- 3-5 years working experience; must have experience in working with large data sets.
- Extensive familiarity with analytics and risk management as they relate to the telecommunications sector, including trends, issues, and developments.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject bar the name of the role. Advert closes September 27, 2018
Job Title: Head, Dispute Resolution
Reports To: Legal Director
- Ensure effective management of all litigation and dispute resolution issues which impact the business.
- Liaise with the Board of Directors, relevant functional areas, and affiliated entities to develop and implement strategies to protect IHS’s interests in internal and external disputes.
- Monitor litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against IHS and manage the organization’s legal exposure, including acting as the company’s primary liaison where contact and coordination with external counsel is required.
- Ensure that IHS’ case and legal position in dispute resolution is adequately represented.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously review activities of the Dispute Resolution team, make recommendations for improvement, and implement approved initiatives to enhance performance.
- Monitor and study the impact of new laws, regulations, and legislation that may affect IHS’s activities or employees and make recommendations to the Legal Director.
- Propose professional and strategic litigation and legal opinion management practices and procedures to the Legal Director to ensure consistent and prudent legal advice and action.
- Assist in the review of all IHS policies to ensure that conditions of service are in line with Nigerian laws, especially labour laws.
- Advise IHS on legal matters including any civil, criminal, contractual, telecom regulatory or labour laws that may affect IHS’s activities or employees (officers and directors).
- Lead engagement of experienced and competent external solicitors to represent the company in disputes.
- Coordinate the Company’s representation in legal actions and ensure timely settlement of case.
Education & Experience
- Graduate law degree from preferred university.
- 14+ years of relevant experience in the telecommunication regulatory field.
- MBA / M.Sc. in any relevant discipline.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of Real Estate, Litigation and Landlord Relations.
- Telecommunication industry experience preferred.
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Management
- Regulatory, Compliance & Governance
- Legal Professional Skills
- Contract Management
- Relationship Building
- Service Level Management
- Community/Landlord Relations
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject bar the name of the role. Advert closes September 18, 2018
Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Planning & Intelligence
Reports To: Head FP&A
Develop and manage the company’s business plan; optimize portfolios to maximize profitability; and recommend new processes and initiatives that enable the business improve underlying profit.
- Develop the long-term business plan and oversee the financial strategy to achieve plan over time.
- Work closely with various departments to identify, analyze, and recommend various revenue-generating and cost-saving initiatives.
- Lead preparation of business cases and other analyses to support decision-making.
- Assist from time to time in preparing all internal management reporting to the Executive Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Drive optimization of the company’s overall site portfolio.
- Develop various investment allocations and justifications to ensure maximize returns.
- Provide inputs to preparation of strategic plan by analyzing trends and forecasts of major variables that significantly impact Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of market dynamics such as competitor analysis, market share, demographic trends, and growth projections.
- Identify business problems and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of business direction and needs and develop solutions, roadmaps, and assessments of potential business impacts.
- Coordinate development of the annual market intelligence report.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual cash forecasts.
- Develop financial models to assist business planning and value transactions.
- Execute fundamental and corporate financial analyses.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Exceptional modeling skill
- Negotiation Interpersonal Skills
- Can communicate comfortably in English (oral & writing)
- Have a good sense of customer service
- Very comfortable with Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of Navision GL module
- Firm grasps of relevant reporting standards
Education & Experience
- BSc in Economics, Business Administration and other relevant field
- CFA certification or MBA is an added advantage
- 10-15 years working experience
- Big-4 Experience is an added advantage
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com indicating in the subject bar the name of the role. Advert closes September 24 , 2018
Job Title: Network Performance Analyst
Reports To: Performance Team Lead
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Extract and analyze network statistics based on performance metrics and service level agreement requirements.
- Measure and prepare service performance report and send to Performance team lead
- Analyze daily end-of-shift reports and tickets from Network Management to generate performance reports and identify discrepancies.
- Intelligently reconcile and correlate key performance metrics obtained from multiple data sources.
- Apply appropriate dispositions and/ or actions to resolve discrepancies
- Work collaboratively with team, customers, and third parties to resolve exceptions.
- Ensure continuous research into more effective ways to carry out network monitoring and SLA reconciliation.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise.
- Write and submit reports to the Performance Team Lead in all matters relating to the Performance Management unit.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by Performance Team Lead.
- Performance Management
- Computer and Information Management
- End User Support
- Network Operations Management
Education and Experience
- 1st degree in Engineering preferably Electrical/Mechanical/Telecommunication Engineering
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field or role
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role. Advert closes on Friday, September 14, 2018